The Ghana Scholarship Secretariat has estimated to support 15,000 beneficiaries of the government’s free Senior High School program for their tertiary education this year.
The Secretariat has begun accepting online scholarship applications from recent SHS graduates to offer them scholarships for their tertiary education.
In a statement issued on Monday, December 1, 2020, the Secretariat said that 20million Ghana cedis has been budgeted for this exercise.
The scholarship will cover academic facility user fees or tuition fees for all accredited local tertiary institutions both public and private.
“The Ghana Scholarships Secretariat following a directive from H.E President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, today December 1, 2020, in a Press Conference dubbed the ‘Big Announcement’, formally opened the online scholarship application portal for the first batch graduates of Free SHS Policy. This is to accord them an opportunity to apply for scholarship for their tertiary education,” part of the statement reads.
This opportunity to open to all who wrote the WASSCE in 2020 and have gained admission or have applied for admission into an accredited local tertiary institution.
Mode of application
- Open the web address (www.scholarshipgh.com)
- Sign up and create a user account to register
- Complete an application form and upload all required academic and admission documents
- Complete and online aptitude test
- 1st – 15th December 2020: Application open
- 16th – 29th December 2020: Nationwide selection interviews
- By the second week of January 2021: Validation and payments to respective institutions.
The first batch of these Free SHS graduates who would be eligible will be able to enjoy a tuition free education in Ghana under President Akufo-Addo
Story by: Jeffrey Nyabor | universnewsroom.com