Management of the University of Ghana has announced that a shuttling service has been arranged for persons who will be at the Great Hall of the University for Saturday’s Congregation.
Saturday’s Congregation is for MA/BA/BSc. Administration/BSc Information Technology/ BSc Nursing/Diploma students.
According to a release signed by the Registrar of the University, the “buses will be marked with colour-codes and identified to each of the zones.”
The release adds that the “buses will provide shuttle services in closed time movement schedules between 15 to 20 minutes from the designated car parks to the Great Hall”
Below is the statement
This comes to inform the University Community that a Shuttle Service has been arranged in support of the Congregation ceremony for the students admitted under the Distance Education programme, as follows:
Date: Saturday, 27th April, 2019
Time: 6.00 a.m. to 9.30 a.m.
11.30 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.
Please note the following:
1. The University has zoned a number of areas downhill where all vehicles will be parked, namely:
a. Cluster (1) Coded Red: Primary School Carparks
b. Cluster (2) Coded Yellow: Banking Square/ISH Carparks
c. Cluster (3) Coded Green: Sports Directorate Carparks
d. Cluster (4) Coded Blue: School of Law/International House/IAS Carparks
e. Cluster (5) Coded White: Balme Library/UGBS/UGCS Carparks
2. The Buses will be marked with colour-codes and identified to each of the zones.
3. The Buses will provide shuttle services in closed time movement schedules between 15 to 20 minutes from the designated carparks to the Great Hall, where the Congregation shall be held.
4. The Buses shall start operations from downhill to uphill and back to their zone from 6.00 a.m. to 9.30 a.m. for the morning session and resume from 11.30 am to 2.00 p.m. from the hilltop to downhill, shuttling all persons downhill.
5. The Shuttle Service is by courtesy of the University for Graduands and their Guests who have their invitation cards.
6. Marked University Campus Taxis will be allowed to pick and drop off any graduands/guests who will choose to pay for a taxi service.
7. The following will be in support:
a. Student Volunteers will be deployed on the buses to act as Guides and to communicate the message of ‘Park and Ride’ to the Graduands and their Guests. The Volunteers and the Bus Drivers will wear tops/clothes with the same colour code as their carparks, for easy identification.
b. Student Volunteers will also assist the Security Staff with directional services, car parking and security.
8. Members of Convocation and Special Guests who have their invitation cards will be allowed access to the Great Hall with their vehicles.