Official results as declared by the Electoral Commission for the 2021/2022 Students’ Representative Council (SRC) elections at the University of Cape Coast have tipped presidential and vice-presidential candidates, Samuel Kwabena Adotei and Vera Tettey respectively as the next chief spokespersons of all students of the school.
Samuel Kwabena Adotei and Vera Tettey, popularly known as Team S.K, gathered 3572 votes representing 33.03% of the total votes cast whilst their closest contender, Samuel Ayeh and Malwin Krah-Kumah polled 2080 votes, constituting 19.24% of the total votes cast at the presidential level.
The remaining three presidential and vice-presidential candidates all garnered votes below a 2000 vote threshold in the election which was fully held online on Thursday, September 2, 2021.
Team B.M, Bless Michael Norviewu, and Adelaide Yaa Prempomaa amassed 1996 votes (18.46%) out of 10813 total valid votes cast at the presidential position.
Team Decider made up of Yahaya Abdul Karimu and Theodora Donkor assembled 1790 votes representing 16.55% whereas Team Taker comprising Prince Ishmael Dimah and Gifty Agyeiwaa Assan gathered 1375 votes that is 12.72%.
SRC General Secretary candidate, Nina Grant who got 52.05% of 10493 total valid votes cast, defeated her contender Sylvana Afriyie Asamoa who polled 47.95%.
Emmanuel Akwasi Agyei who run for the SRC treasurer’s position garnered 5462 votes (52.72%) leaving Lawrence Selasi Teffutor with 5003 (47.28%) of the total votes cast.
Pascal Korbla is elected as the next Public Relations Officer of the UCC Students’ Representative Council (SRC) with 95% of the total votes.
Samuel Appiah Konadu, 56.02%, and Freda Opuni Frimpong, 33.47% are also elected into the office of SRC general Sports secretary and SRC coordinating secretary, respectively.